James Comer, Jeff Landry, Jon Schweppe, Quentin Van Meter
August 12, 2021
On today's show, hosted by Joseph Backholm:
- James Comer, U.S. Representative for the 1st District of Kentucky and Ranking Member on the House Oversight Committee, gives an update on vaccine passport mandates, the Pentagon warning military service members that the religious exemption is not a “blanket check,” and the House Oversight Committee Republicans calling for a field hearing on the border to investigate a dramatic surge in COVID-19 positive immigrants in U.S. custody.
- Jeff Landry, Louisiana Attorney General, talks about his joint initiative with Alabama Attorney General Steve Marshall to gathering information on social media censorship.
- Jon Schweppe, Director of Policy and Government Affairs for American Principles Project, discusses how to fight back against mounting Big Tech censorship and American Principles Project’s bigtechfunding.org initiative.
- Dr. Quentin Van Meter, Pediatric Endocrinologist and clinical associate professor of Pediatrics at both the Emory University and Morehouse Schools of Medicine, talks about the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services’ statement that transgender surgery for children is child abuse, and the American Academy of Pediatrics and American Medical Association pushing transgender ideology.
- Check out Lousiana Attorney General Jeff Landry’s social media censorship reporting form.
- Tell your U.S. Senator to oppose taxpayer funding of abortion by visiting frcaction.org/savehyde!
- Learn more about FRC’s new Center for Biblical Worldview.
- Take action in Congress and in your state.
- Check out FRC Action’s resource: Tracking the Biden Administration.
- Explore FRC & FRC Action's resources on election integrity.
- Find Washington Watch with Tony Perkins on Liftable TV.
- Connect with Tony on social media: Facebook, Twitter, and Gab.
- Connect with FRC on social media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Rumble, Gab, and Parler.
- View individual Washington Watch clips on Rumble and YouTube.
- Subscribe to the Washington Update, a daily email analyzing current events from a biblical worldview.
- Customize your news experience by joining FRC's email lists.
- Stay informed on issues of faith, family, and freedom with the STAND FIRM app! On your mobile browser, visit frc.org/app.