Weekend Edition - July 20, 2019
July 20, 2019
This weekend, we’ll hear from:
- Mike Pompeo, U.S. Secretary of State, to discuss the U.S. State Department’s 2nd Annual Ministerial to Advance Religious Freedom and to highlight the newly-formed Commission on Unalienable Rights, which will advise Secretary Pompeo on how to advocate for the most fundamental rights in diplomatic discussions.
- Mark Green, Administrator of the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), on how USAID promotes religious freedom as a means to achieve economic development.
- Philip Mounstephen, Anglican Bishop of Truro, on his Independent Review for the United Kingdom’s Foreign Secretary which found "widespread evidence showing that Christians are by far the most widely persecuted religion."
- Watch FRC’s event, “Will Religious Freedom Survive in Northeast Syria?”
- Watch the sessions from the U.S. State Department’s 2nd Annual Ministerial to Advance Religious Freedom
- Watch Tony Perkins speak on USAID’s panel, “Faith-Based Communities Working Together for Religious Freedom and Development”
- Show your support for the life of all babies born alive by sending a baby hat to Congress!
- Download the STAND FIRM app to never miss another episode of Washington Watch!
- Follow Tony Perkins on Twitter: @tperkins