Mike Johnson, Sam Brownback, Mercedes Schlapp
June 26, 2019
On the Wednesday, June 26, 2019 edition of Washington Watch with Tony Perkins, we heard from:
- Mike Johnson, U.S. Representative for the 6th District of Louisiana, on the so-called “Do No Harm Act,” a bill that would roll back the religious freedom protections in the 1993 Religious Freedom Restoration Act, and its hearing yesterday in the House Committee on Education and Labor.
- Sam Brownback, U.S. Ambassador-at-large for International Religious Freedom, on the U.S. State Department’s annual religious freedom report, which found a “chilling array” of religious suppression around the world.
- Mercedes Schlapp, Assistant to the President and Senior Advisor for Strategic Communications, on the crisis at the southern border and House Democrats’ reluctance to provide adequate funding to address the issue.
- Show your support for the life of all babies born alive by sending a baby hat to Congress!
- Check out FRC’s new publication, “Born-Alive Abortion Survivors: Just the Facts.”
- Register now for Values Voter Summit, October 11-13!
- Download the STAND FIRM app to never miss another episode of Washington Watch!
- Follow Tony Perkins on Twitter: @tperkins