James Hirsen, Richard Mast, Diane Verm, Elizabeth Berney
It’s Friday, August 9, 2019, and we’re getting ready for another exciting edition of Washington Watch with Tony Perkins, where each day we’re joined by America’s leaders, policy makers, and culture-shapers as we talk about the important issues of the day from a biblical worldview. Listen here live at 5:05 p.m. ET.
Today we’ll hear from:
- James Hirsen, conservative watchdog on Hollywood and author of the weekly NewsMax.com column, “The Left Coast Report,” on disturbing developments in Hollywood, including a range of Disney programs promoting LGBT propaganda and a Universal Studios movie in which liberal elites hunt down and kill “deplorables” for sport.
- Richard Mast, Attorney with Liberty Counsel, to discuss an incident in an Ohio middle school, where school officials attempted to intimidate a 6th grader for referring to a male friend who identified as female by his friend’s biological pronouns.
- Diana Verm, Counsel for The Beckett Fund, to discuss a ruling by the 3rd Circuit Court of Appeals, which cited the Supreme Court’s recent ruling on the Bladensburg peace cross in its decision to uphold the constitutionality of a cross in the city seal of Lehigh, Pennsylvania.
- Elizabeth Berney, Director of Special Projects for the Zionist Organization of America, to discuss a judge’s order that Jesuit-affiliated Fordham University must recognize the anti-Israel group, Students for Justice in Palestine, as an official student organization.
- Hear Tony Perkins on the House Freedom Caucus Podcast discussing pro-life and pro-religious liberty developments.
- Read more on how “Evidence Shows Sexual Orientation Can Change: Debunking the Myth of Immutability.”
- Learn more about “Biblical Principles for Political Engagement: Worldview, Issues, and Voting.”
- Watch and share FRC’s new ad calling out big entertainment companies Disney, Amazon, and Netflix for their virtue signaling and hypocrisy.
- Show your support for the life of all babies born alive by sending a baby hat to Congress!
- Download the STAND FIRM app to never miss another episode of Washington Watch.