Ron Estes, Mayra Rodriguez, Justin Danhof, Afshin Yaghtin, Brad Dacus
August 20, 2019
On the Tuesday, August 20, 2019 edition of Washington Watch with Tony Perkins, we heard from:
- Ron Estes, U.S. Representative for the 4th District of Kansas, on Planned Parenthood’s announcement that it will reject nearly $60 million in federal funding rather than stop referring for abortion.
- Mayra Rodriguez, whistleblower and former employee of the year and clinic director at Planned Parenthood Arizona, and who won $3 million in a wrongful termination suit after she was fired for reporting ethical violations, medical incidents, and cases of abuse.
- Justin Danhof, General Counsel for the National Center for Public Policy Research, on the Business Roundtable’s declaration that corporations have obligations to liberal social issues, not just shareholders.
- Afshin Yaghtin, Pastor of New Covenant Baptist Church in Spokane, Washington, who was arrested for protesting a drag queen story hour at a public library, and Brad Dacus, President of the Pacific Justice Institute, which is providing him with legal counsel.
- Read our blog post, “Planned Parenthood Forgoes Title X Funding, Choosing Abortion over Women’s Healthcare”
- Read more about how “Planned Parenthood is Not Pro-Woman.”
- Learn more about “Biblical Principles for Political Engagement: Worldview, Issues, and Voting.”
- Check out FRC’s publication, “Born-Alive Abortion Survivors: Just the Facts”
- Show your support for the life of all babies born alive by sending a baby hat to Congress!
- Watch and share FRC’s new ad calling out big entertainment companies Disney, Amazon, and Netflix for their virtue signaling and hypocrisy.
- Download the STAND FIRM app to never miss another episode of Washington Watch.