Corey DeAngelis, Nicole Solas, Matt Gore, David Closson, Meg Kilgannon
August 13, 2021
On today's back-to-school edition, hosted by Joseph Backholm:
- Corey DeAngelis, national director of research at the American Federation for Children, talks about the trend of parents taking their kids out of public schools, the alternatives that are available for parents, and the movement to fund students instead of systems.
- Nicole Solas, the Rhode Island mom being sued by the state and local chapters of the National Education Association, talks about how her inquiries into what her child was being taught in the local public school led to a lawsuit by two chapters of one of the nation's largest teachers' unions.
- Matt Gore, senior director of strategy and operations for Canopy, talks about his company's digital parenting app and the issues with kids and their smart phones.
- David Closson, director of FRC's Center for Biblical Worldview, and Meg Kilgannon, FRC's senior fellow for education studies, talk about what parents of public school kids need to be aware of this year and how to be engaged in the education and worldview shaping of their children.
- Learn more about FRC's Center for Biblical Worldview.
- Take action in Congress and in your state.
- Check out FRC Action's resource: Tracking the Biden Administration.
- Explore FRC & FRC Action's resources on election integrity.
- Find Washington Watch with Tony Perkins on Liftable TV.
- Connect with Tony on social media: Facebook, Twitter, and Gab.
- Connect with FRC on social media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Rumble, Gab, and Parler.
- View individual Washington Watch clips on Rumble and YouTube.
- Subscribe to the Washington Update, a daily email analyzing current events from a biblical worldview.
- Customize your news experience by joining FRC's email lists.
- Stay informed on issues of faith, family, and freedom with the STAND FIRM app! On your mobile browser, visit frc.org/app.