Vicky Hartzler, Jerry Boykin, Andy Biggs, Travis Weber
August 24, 2021
On today's show, hosted by Joseph Backholm:
- Vicky Hartzler, U.S. Representative for the 4th District of Missouri and member of the House Armed Services Committee, gives an update on the situation in Afghanistan and what effect the Biden administration has had on the United States’ international standing.
- Lt. Gen. (Ret.) Jerry Boykin, FRC's Executive Vice President and former commander of the U.S. Army's Delta Force, discusses CIA Director Willian Burns’ meeting with the Taliban leader.
- Andy Biggs, U.S. Representative for the 5th District of Arizona and chairman of the House Freedom Caucus, discusses the House Freedom Caucus officially announcing its opposition to both the $3.5 trillion reconciliation bill and the $1.2 trillion Senate-passed infrastructure bill.
- Travis Weber, FRC’s Vice President for Policy & Government Affairs, shares why FRC is opposing the $3.5 trillion reconciliation spending bill and the $1.2 trillion Senate-passed infrastructure bill.
- Read the Washington Times op-ed by Tony Perkins and Travis Weber about the sobering religious freedom lesson of Afghanistan.
- Learn more about what the Taliban takeover means for Afghan believers.
- Join us in prayer for the people of Afghanistan.
- Tell your U.S. Senator to oppose taxpayer funding of abortion by visiting frcaction.org/savehyde!
- Learn more about FRC’s new Center for Biblical Worldview.
- Take action in Congress and in your state.
- Check out FRC Action’s resource: Tracking the Biden Administration.
- Explore FRC & FRC Action's resources on election integrity.
- Find Washington Watch with Tony Perkins on Liftable TV.
- Connect with Tony on social media: Facebook, Twitter, and Gab.
- Connect with FRC on social media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Rumble, Gab, and Parler.
- View individual Washington Watch clips on Rumble and YouTube.
- Subscribe to the Washington Update, a daily email analyzing current events from a biblical worldview.
- Customize your news experience by joining FRC's email lists.
- Stay informed on issues of faith, family, and freedom with the STAND FIRM app! On your mobile browser, visit frc.org/app.