Chris Smith, Tony Perkins, Franklin Graham, Nina Shea
August 30, 2021
On today's show, hosted by Joseph Backholm:
- Chris Smith, U.S. Representative for the 4th district of New Jersey and Senior Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, discusses the humanitarian disaster following the fall of Afghanistan to the Taliban, his evacuation efforts in Afghanistan, and how Congress can hold the Biden administration accountable for the unfolding catastrophe.
- Tony Perkins, FRC President and Marine veteran, gives an on the ground report on Ida Hurricane relief efforts in Louisiana.
- Franklin Graham, President of Samaritan's Purse, shares how Samaritan’s Purse is responding to Hurricane Ida.
- Nina Shea, Senior Fellow and Director of the Center for Religious Freedom at Hudson Institute, talks about what’s happening to Christians in Afghanistan.
- Read Rep. Chris Smith’s op-ed in the Washington Times urging the Biden administration to address the humanitarian catastrophe in Afghanistan
- Read the Washington Times op-ed by Tony Perkins and Travis Weber about the sobering religious freedom lesson of Afghanistan.
- Learn more about what the Taliban takeover means for Afghan believers.
- Join us in prayer for the people of Afghanistan.
- Tell your U.S. Senator to oppose taxpayer funding of abortion by visiting frcaction.org/savehyde!
- Learn more about FRC’s new Center for Biblical Worldview.
- Take action in Congress and in your state.
- Check out FRC Action’s resource: Tracking the Biden Administration.
- Explore FRC & FRC Action's resources on election integrity.
- Find Washington Watch with Tony Perkins on Liftable TV.
- Connect with Tony on social media: Facebook, Twitter, and Gab.
- Connect with FRC on social media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Rumble, Gab, and Parler.
- View individual Washington Watch clips on Rumble and YouTube.
- Subscribe to the Washington Update, a daily email analyzing current events from a biblical worldview.
- Customize your news experience by joining FRC's email lists.
- Stay informed on issues of faith, family, and freedom with the STAND FIRM app! On your mobile browser, visit frc.org/app.