Buddy Carter, Connor Semelsberger, Roger Gannam, David Closson
October 1, 2021
On today's show:
- Buddy Carter, U.S. Representative for the 1st District of Georgia and member of the House Budget Committee and the GOP Doctors Caucus, discusses the disarray in the Democratic Party over the infrastructure and reconciliation bills, and House Republican’s letter to President Biden over the vaccine mandates.
- Connor Semelsberger, FRC's Director of Federal Affairs for Life and Human Dignity, applauds Senator Joe Manchin (D-W.V.) for insisting that the reconciliation bill include the Hyde Amendment, which keeps taxpayer dollars from funding abortion.
- Roger Gannam, Assistant Vice President of Legal Affairs at Liberty Counsel, shares how President Biden’s COVID vaccine mandates have led hundreds of U.S. service members to reach out for help, including one near retirement who faces dishonorable discharge after 29 years of service.
- David Closson, FRC’s Director of the Center for Biblical Worldview, talks about the House Oversight hearing yesterday on abortion and the radical bill that is the focus of his recent blog, “Unconscionable: New Bill Proves Democrats Are Okay With Abortion Up Until Birth.”
- Read and consider: how should Christians think about Biden’s vaccine mandate?
- Read Tony Perkins’s piece, “Vaccine Mandates Sticks it to Freedom.”
- Check out these resources on the vaccine mandate, including a model religious exemption letter.
- Read the Washington Times op-ed by Tony Perkins and Travis Weber about the sobering religious freedom lesson of Afghanistan.
- Join us in prayer for the people of Afghanistan.
- Explainer: What is Happening with Texas’ New Pro-Life Law?
- Tell your U.S. Senator to oppose taxpayer funding of abortion by visiting frcaction.org/savehyde!
- Take action in Congress and in your state.
- Check out FRC Action’s resource: Tracking the Biden Administration.
- Get your own STAND mug by visiting FRC's online store.
- Find Washington Watch with Tony Perkins on Liftable TV.
- Connect with Tony on social media: Facebook, Twitter, and Gab.
- Connect with FRC on social media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Rumble, Gab, and Parler.
- View individual Washington Watch clips on Rumble and YouTube.
- Subscribe to the Washington Update, a daily email analyzing current events from a biblical worldview.
- Customize your news experience by joining FRC's email lists.
- Stay informed on issues of faith, family, and freedom with the STAND FIRM app! On your mobile browser, visit frc.org/app.