Meg Kilgannon, Sonja Shaw, Aimee Guidera, Ron Johnson, Travis Weber
July 24, 2023
On today’s program:
- Meg Kilgannon, FRC’s Senior Fellow for Education Studies, draws attention to how school boards are moving to protect parental rights, how state-level Democrat leaders are responding, and how the federal government can address the issue.
- Sonja Shaw, Chino Valley Unified School District Board of Education President, shares why she is continuing to stand for protecting kids from woke ideology in public schools.
- Aimee Guidera, Virginia Secretary of Education, highlights her state’s model education policy guidelines.
- Ron Johnson, U.S. Senator from Wisconsin, comments on the revelations by the IRS whistleblowers and concerns about retaliation against them as well as revelations that Hunter Biden put then-VP Joe Biden on the phone with business associates at least two dozen times. He also shares the latest on the Senate’s deliberations over the yearly National Defense Authorization Act and voices support for Sen. Tommy Tuberville’s stand against the Pentagon’s abortion travel funding.
- Travis Weber, FRC's VP for Policy and Government Affairs, offers an update on the re-authorization of PEPFAR.
- Tell your senators to strengthen, not weaken, the military!
- Register for Pray Vote Stand Summit, September 15-17 in Washington, DC!
- Join Stand on the Word, FRC's two-year journey through the Bible!
- Share a story tip with The Washington Stand, FRC’s outlet for news and commentary from a biblical worldview.
- Connect with Tony on Facebook and Twitter.